Re: Issue: WATPA ListServ on the Web -- Yes or No?

William Langham (blangham@westnet.com)
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 12:25:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 6 Sep 1996, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Sep 1996, Norman J. Jacknis wrote:
>
> > What do you think -- should we take the ListServ off the Web?
>
> WATPA is a public group. Anyone can walk into a meeting. In fact, a common
> discussion topic was how to get more people into meetings. I see the
> mailing list as an extention of a meeting.

I think that WATPA should continue to archive the list on the WWW. The
subject matter is, I hope, sufficiently interesting that folks may want to
look back on it - and may find it useful for information purposes.

Some of the material in the arcvhive is pretty mundane - those who don't
find it interesting will pass it by...

WATPA prides itself as representing a free and openly accessible voice for
the public in the emerging digital world - our discussion should represent
this and also be freely accessible to any who come upon them.

my two cents,

Bill Langham