Major Net Failure at Netcom (fwd)

Christopher X. Candreva (chris@westnet.com)
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 00:47:45 -0400 (EDT)

I had just noticed the WLS server wasn't accessable, then I got this in
the mail . . .

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1996 16:41:50 -0700
From: "Rusty H. Hodge" <rusty@hodge.com>
To: inet-access-dist@earth.com
Subject: Major Net Failure at Netcom

As of about 4pm today, Netcom has had a major failure of their entire
network, apparently all POPs are down as well as all leased line customers.
The have localized the problem to their BGP/OSPF routers. (wow, that must
have taken a brain surgeon to figure out.)

At the moment, they have disconnected themselves from MAE-West and "have
the people who designed the network working on it".

--
Rusty Hodge <rusty@hodge.com>
Hodge [Interactive] Productions            801 Minnesota Ave. Studio 9