Re: Name That Homepage

William Langham (blangham@westnet.com)
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 15:50:07 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Jan 1996, Norman Jacknis wrote:

> Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 11:18:00 -0800
> From: Norman Jacknis <njacknis@ix.netcom.com>
> To: watpa@westnet.com
> Subject: Re: Name That Homepage
>
> Bill Langham wrote:
>
> >during Revolutionary days, each town, had a group of officials known as
> > "Path Masters" whose job it was
> >to assure that all citizens had roads, access to them and the benfirs that
> >accrued from travelling them.
>
> I really like the image. There has to be some way for us to use it. Maybe a rename
> WATPA contest? Seriously, please keep this thought in mind for future naming needs.
>
> Unfortunately, for the Web pages, I think we will run smack into one very big
> complication -- megaconglomerate Time-Warner runs a WWW site call PathFinder. They
> have lots of lawyers and have never been shy about protecting the names of their
> products and services.
>
> At this point, I would suggest that we have a name for our WWW presence, which is good
> enough for all the reasons Warren listed. So, let's stick with it and give it meaning
> by the quality of the work we put behind it.
>
> Thanks,
> Norm Jacknis

OK. I'll also reserve my reserve nomination: Westchester Exedra, an
excedra being a room for conversation, usually large and comfortable,
with circular benches...this one comes from a place in Peekskill (I
believe) that Lincoln stopped on the way to his inaugural and made a
speech...
BL (you can't keep him out of the library Langham)