WATPA: FW: NetTax NetCaucus Video Online

From: Norm Jacknis (norm@jacknis.com)
Date: Thu Jun 05 2003 - 22:50:59 EDT

FYI -- WATPA is a member of the Advisory Committee to the Congressional
Internet Caucus.

Norm

--------------------------------------

Internet Caucus Advisory Committee Members:

As promised, we have posted the video of the Internet Caucus AC taxation
event, which was held today in a filled-to-capacity room in the US Capitol
Building.

The video and a brief summary are viewable at
http://www.netcaucus.org/events/2003/tax/

The video shows an energetic panel debate led by former Governor Gilmore and
State Senator Steve Rauschenberger on the core issues at stake in the
Internet taxation issue. Senator Leahy made opening remarks stressing the
importance of the issue to e-commerce growth. Jean Cantrell, Circuit City,
and Paul Misener, Amazon.com, joined the debate with their own particular
viewpoints. Bartlett Cleland, board member of the Internet Education
Foundation, framed the issue nicely to start the discussion. While Mr.
Cleland addressed the BAT tax and Internet moratorium aspects of the debate,
he directed the panel to probe for the congressional audience issues related
to the ongoing State Simplification Tax Project (SSTP). The discussion was
lively and shed a great deal of light on the issue.

ONE-PAGERS: INTERNET TAX SIMPLIFICATION: IS IT REALLY THAT SIMPLE?

Staff and press also found ICAC members' one-pagers very helpful. A diverse
cross-section of ICAC members sent in one-pagers on this topic. Those
one-pagers are posted online at
http://www.netcaucus.org/events/2003/tax/onepagers/ .

We regret that due to the crush of congressional staff and press we were
again unable to host many of you in the private sector at this event.
However, we have worked hard to make the quality of our online videos
professional so that you can enjoy them in the comfort of your offices or
homes.

MEDIA COVERAGE

NPR MARKETPLACE
Kai Ryssdal from NPR's Marketplace crafted a segment of the morning show on
Thursday from the panel event and associated one-pagers. To listen in, you
can access the NPR Marketplace real audio file through this link
<http://www.marketplace.org/play/audio.php?media=/morning_report/2003/06/05_
mktmorn0650>
http://www.marketplace.org/play/audio.php?media=/morning_report/2003/06/05_m
ktmorn0650

NATIONAL JOURNAL'S TECH DAILY (Subscribers Only)
Panelists Debate Details Of Proposal To Streamline Sales Taxes
by Teri Rucker
http://nationaljournal.com/pubs/techdaily/

--
Tim Lordan