Re: WATPA: FW: Salon - "Getting a lock on broadband: How the FCC is paving the way for a few big companies to control everyone's high-speed Internet access"

From: Christopher X. Candreva (chris@westnet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 12:35:50 EDT

Not that there should be only a few ISPs -- believe me I want there to be
lots and lots of us little guys.

But about higher prices -- The 'low' prices now are artificial. The big guys
are STILL loosing money to try to entice 'share'. Prices will go up because
they have to, competition or not.

At prevailing rates, an ISP makes less on DSL than on dial-up.

http://www.westnet.com/