WATPA: What's Happening To Free Internet Access

From: Ken Belfer (kenbelfer@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 22:21:15 EDT

This is an excerpt from an email I received about the merger between Netzero and Juno. Sorry if it is a bit of a sales pitch, but I thought some might find the news interesting:

Dear NetZero Users,

Earlier today, it was announced that NetZero and Juno Online Services have agreed to a strategic merger. Together we will form a new company, United Online, Inc. This exciting merger will bring together the two clear leaders in the free and value priced Internet access markets to form the second largest Internet access provider in the United States.

In the future, United Online will unveil new products and services that will further enhance your online experience.

It is important to note that both services, NetZero and Juno, will continue going forward and we will strive to create the best possible Internet access experience for each and every
one of you. As a bigger, stronger company with significant resources in capital, technology and people, the new United Online, Inc. will be one of the premier ISP organizations in the world.

Sincerely,

Mark R. Goldston
Chairman and CEO of NetZero, Inc.

NetZero Platinum