WATPA: ASP/Web Hosting Public Programs

From: Norman J. Jacknis (norm@jacknis.com)
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 19:42:16 EDT

At our March meeting, we discussed some more public education programs. In particular, one aimed at small business on some of the newer Internet services, like web hosting and Application Service Providers.

So, I went out and got three companies interested in making presentations -- Oracle, Sun Microsystems and Savvy Networks (a Westchester-based web hosting company). They all were quite happy to provide senior executives to talk about this, which is the reason I'm writing.

I personally think it would not be a good idea to put all three together in one panel, but I wanted to get some feedback on whether this would be better or if it would be better to give each of them a chance to present their view of the future Internet world.

So, does anyone have any comments?

Thanks very much,
Norm

P.S. Our experiment in holding an early morning meeting didn't work out all that well. Now the question remains -- is White Plains or Ardsley more convenient for evening meetings?