WATPA: Reminder -- This Thursday -- Internet-Based Learning With Learn2.Com

From: Norman J. Jacknis (norm@jacknis.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 22:41:40 EDT

This is just a reminder of our special meeting this Thursday, October 19, 6 PM, at the Westchester Library System.

See you there,
Norm

----------
A Special Program Focusing On Internet-based Learning With Learn2.Com

The Westchester Alliance For Telecommunications And Public Access (WATPA), along with the Westchester Library System, is pleased to announce a special presentation on Internet-based learning. This presentation will feature Learn2.com, the leading e-learning service provider and Web site, with over 1,400 engaging, interactive courses ranging from technology training through soft skills such as time management and defensive driving.

The meeting will be held on Thursday, October 19, 2000 at 6 P.M. at the Westchester Library System, 410 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY. (Directions are below.) There is no cost to attend.

This presentation will cover:

* What is e-learning and how it works

* When is e-learning most effective

* How the way that people gain Internet access poses difficulties that Learn2.com's technology has overcome

* How individuals and small businesses can use e-learning as an efficient means to increase their own skills or those of their employees

* How educational content is prepared for the Internet and the ways that companies can create courses for their staff and customers

"As members of the Westchester community, we welcome the opportunity to share with our neighbors Learn2.com's expertise in the new, dynamic world of learning online.", stated Stephen P. Gott, President and CEO of Learn2.com, "Today's knowledge-based economy demands that we learn more in less time. Online learning addresses that need by offering quality education accessible anywhere, anytime with a simple Internet hookup."

DIRECTIONS TO WESTCHESTER LIBRARY SYSTEM, ARDSLEY PARK

1) Coming from the north, going southbound on the Saw Mill River Parkway, get off at the Lawrence Street exit (#16). The exit is off to the left, near the median. Turn left and go a short distance to the end of the street. At that point turn right onto 9A South, also known as Saw Mill River Road. After a few hundred yards, you will see various signs for Ardsley Park (on the left). Go to the last driveway in the campus, the one you see after the 410. You will see the building, which has a canopy in front. Turn left, just past the building, to find the parking area.

2) Coming from the south, going northbound on the Saw Mill River Parkway, get off at the Lawrence Street exit (#16). Turn right, at the stop light, and go a short distance to the end of the street. At that point turn right onto 9A South, also known as Saw Mill River Road. After a few hundred yards, you will see various signs for Ardsley Park (on the left). Go to the last driveway in the campus, the one you see after the 410. You will see the building, which has a canopy in front. Turn left, just past the building, to find the parking area.

3) Coming from the Cross Westchester Expressway (I-287), bear left onto the New York State Thruway (I-87), going southbound to New York City. In a quarter of a mile, you will see the exit for the Saw Mill River Parkway (going southbound). Get off at the Lawrence Street exit (#16) of the Saw Mill River Parkway. The exit is off to the left, near the median. Turn left and go a short distance to the end of the street. At that point turn right onto 9A South, also known as Saw Mill River Road. After a few hundred yards, you will see various signs for Ardsley Park (on the left). Go to the last driveway in the campus, the one you see after the 410. You will see the building, which has a canopy in front. Turn left, just past the building, to find the parking area.