WATPA: Summary of tonight's meeting

From: Norman J. Jacknis (njacknis@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Nov 16 1999 - 21:55:27 EST

I guess Tuesday's are a really bad night, so here's a quick summary of what
was discussed at the meeting:

1. The Parent's Portal is now on the net. Please review it and send any
comments to Cindy Penchina or this list. When we have a few more portal
links, we will issue a press release about it.

2. We had a security breach on the WATPA Web server. We believe we
identified the problem and have taken some actions to prevent it from
happening again.

3. The currently planned beginning of our speaker events will be on the
same night as first meeting in January -- the third Thursday. It will
start with a representative from Bell Atlantic who will discuss DSL options
in Westchester.

4. On a somewhat related matter, we discussed the current status of high
speed data lines in Westchester for businesses.

5. We discussed some other topics, including the relative slow adoption of
the Internet in the educational and social service communities.

Regards,
Norm