Re: By Laws For WATPA

Diana D. Juettner (ddjteach@ix.netcom.com)
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 09:52:21 -0700

You wrote:

>It is time we got back to adopting by-laws for WATPA. Overall, I
think the
>draft submitted by Norm is fine. My only suggestion relates to the
number of
>vice-chair (VC) positions, and my comment is two-fold. First, seven
seems like
>a big number for WATPA at its current size, in terms of paid members.
It seems
>like a lot of chiefs, especially since the number of VCs is not
related to
>specific portfolios. One suggestion is that the by-laws do not
specify a number
>of vice-chairs, but gives the power to appoint vice-chairs based on
portfolios
>(e.g., web presence) established by WATPA to fulfill its goals. This
would give
>some flexibility to assign VCs as new projects arise, e.g., we get a
grant. In
>addition, there could be a stated number , such as two or three, of VC
at-large,
>without portfolio, as deemed necessary by the chair and/or membership.
Another
>possibility is to have the number of vice chairs determined by the
paid
>membership, e.g., one VC per seven (or ten) members.
>
>These are suggestions, there may be better formulas, so anyone else
have any
>comments?
I agree that we should adopt bylaws. I haven't dropped off the face
of the earth. I've just been swamped. There should be one or two vice
chairs that exist on a regular basis to assist the chair and provide
continuity. I think there should be an upper limit also such as 5 or
7. We can always amend the bylaws if we need more.
Diana Juettner>