Re: Caramoor WWW in Westchester Weekly/NY Times

Christine K. Paustian (ckp@westnet.com)
Tue, 07 May 1996 17:55:56 -0400

At 05:43 PM 5/7/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Christine--
>
>Thanks for the quick response. I stand corrected; I just revisited the sight
>and the text tags are there. And admittedly, the comment on money was meant to
>be hyperbole. It's nice to have some ($$ that is).

Unlike most web 'designers', I actually do live in the Net. :-) That may
have something to do with the quick response. The text tags, by the way,
were always there. You would not have noticed them if you had inline images
turned on, or if you were using Lynx, because we use alt= tags to represent
images, thereby minimizing redundancy for those who have images turned on,
(except, of course, when we use image maps).

>The jibe at the Times was for lack of detail in their reporting. I think
all of
>us who have experienced/worked with the press have been amazed at times
>regarding what they include and/or leave out. Sincerest congratulations to you
>and Caramoor on winning the Clarion Award.

The blame for lack of detail is best cast at the person in editorial who
wielded the scissors, rather than at Cynthia Wetzler. The original article
had far more detail, which apparently landed on the cutting room floor. My
hunch is that space had something to do with it - that article occupied most
of the page it appeared upon. And thanks for your congratulations - we
think it's pretty neat, ourselves!

/Christine

...%##%%..
.%#'' .. ``##. NetSurf Technologies
.%#' .' ,'.%'`# 1858 Pleasantville Road, #129 :
.%# .' : :# ' Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510 .%
Christine Klauberg Paustian ckp@westnet.com
914/941-4586 ckp@cloud9.net
74403.701@compuserve.com
http://www.netsurftech.com/