RE: WATPA / WLS For Political Candidates "Outreach Plan"

Maurice J. Freedman (freedman@wlsmail.wls.lib.ny.us)
Mon, 06 May 1996 15:44:27 -0400

As usual Norm said it extremely well. Getting to the candidates through the
parties seems to be a particularly effective way to go about it. This
doesn't preclude taking those who could care less about political parties,
but who are running.

mitch freedman

At 02:45 PM 5/6/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Bill Langham wrote:
>
>>>If it goes this way a marketing plan ought to be
>>> put into place for maximum dissemination. Andy Spano
>
>>Do I hear a volunteer?
>
>If we decide to do this, I think this would be a great opportunity to call
upon the expertise of those WATPA members who have been involved a bit in
politics. So can I volunteer some volunteers? -- Diana, Bill, Irene, Andy
himself and myself? (There are probably some other potential volunteers, as
well.)

>By the way, since we're not really selling anything, maybe the phrase ought
to be "outreach plan", not "marketing plan."

>It's worth pointing out that there are established political organizations
in this county. If we can call upon them it would make reaching most of the
candidates for office very easy.

>Regards,
>Norm Jacknis
>
>P.S. I haven't seen too much comment on this subject recently. What are
the views of those who haven't spoken up yet?