Re: Alliance for Community Access

William Langham (blangham@westnet.com)
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 16:28:45 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, William Langham wrote:

> Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 16:20:22 -0500 (EST)
> From: William Langham <blangham@westnet.com>
> To: watpa@westnet.com
> Subject: Alliance for Community Access
>
> Re Norm's update about TCI, here's an organization the Norm might want to
> enlist. I saw Lauren...speak at a conference in Cambridge a couple of
> years ago and if she is representative of the org, it's dynamite.

[Following a brief but frustrating interlude to upload the file...]

Lauren-Glen Davitian - Alliance for Community Media

http://www.thesphere.com

THE ALLIANCE FOR COMMUNITY MEDIA

The Alliance for Community Media is a nonprofit, national
membership organization foundedin 1976 which is committed to
assuring everyone's access to electronic media. The Alliance
represents over 950 public, educational, and govenment (PEG) access
organizations across the United States, and the interests of local
individuals and community, charitable, and religious organizations
who utilize PEG access centers.

The Alliance:

* Provides technical assistance in the development and operation of PEG
access channels and community TV organizations.

* Promotes political, regulatory and industry support for PEG access.

* Facilitates education and networking among people invlovd in community
media primarily through national and regional conferences, special interest
group organization and the development of community media directories.

* Supports community television advocates with materials and information on
community programming and national policy issues.

The Alliance publishes a bi-monthly journal Community Media Review.

* Monitors developments in telecommunications application and advocates for
the public's access to emerging media systems.

The Alliance's public policy program is dedicated to preserving and promoting
legislation which will ensure that the emerging Information Infrastructure
provides space which will allow effective communication through community
uses of media. Information about the national Alliance for Community Media or
regional chapters can be obtained by contacting the Alliance.

Alliance for Community Media
666 11th Street, N.W.., Suite 806
Washington, D.C. 20001-4542
alliancecm@aol.com

voice: (202) 393-2650
fax: (202) 393-2653

* Usenet - alt.tv.public-access

* Cable TV Industry News * Cable Regulation Digest - Information regarding
regulation of the cable television industry.

Cable:Organizations

Cable Television Laboratories@

National Association of Telecommunications Officiers and Advisors -
Representing cable TV franchise authorities on matters of federal regulation.
NATOA chapters form the foundation for of the nat'l org.