Re: TCI update

William Langham (blangham@westnet.com)
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 14:28:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 27 Jan 1996 NLISS@AOL.COM wrote:

> Date: Sat, 27 Jan 1996 23:45:20 -0500
> From: NLISS@AOL.COM
> To: watpa@westnet.com
> Subject: TCI update
>
> I learned unofficially on Thursday - and it was confirmed in the Gannett
> paper today - that TCI has responded to community pressure and has rescinded
> its planned termination of its access Channel 8.
>
> According to the newspaper report, the termination has been postponed for 60
> days to give the 20 municipalities it serves an opportunity to work together
> to come up with a solution.

This is great! Is there something WATPA can do to reinforce our stance
and help those affected communities deal with this matter?

A NYT's account that I read, it seemed that TCI is trying the same
procedure nationally. I've got to check my files but I think that
there's a national community TV Assn. that may be able to add support.

Bill