WATPA: FW: Invitation to Participate in the National Dialogue on Improving Federal Websites

From: Norman Jacknis <njacknis@optonline.net>
Date: Mon Sep 19 2011 - 17:14:19 EDT

Begin forwarded message:

NATIONAL DIALOGUE FOR IMPROVING FEDERAL WEBSITES

Please join me in participating in an exciting initiative that starts today:
The National Dialogue on Improving Federal Websites. The Dialogue is a
nationwide, two-week online conversation with web experts and the public to
generate ideas for re-inventing how the federal government delivers
information and services online. It's part of the larger .gov Reform
Initiative launched earlier this summer by the White House and the U.S.
General Services Administration.

The dialogue will launch today, Monday, Sept. 19 at 2 pm ET and run until
Friday, Sept. 30. You'll be able to access it at:
http://www.usa.gov/webreform/dialogue.shtml

The purpose is to allow people to submit and vote on ideas for improving
various aspects of improving federal websites, such as: content, search,
usability, accessibility, social media, multilingual content, and online
services. The .gov Task Force will review the ideas and consider them as
they develop a National Web Strategy and make recommendations for
streamlining federal websites, strengthening federal web policy, and
improving citizens' experience with federal websites.

I know you have a goldmine of ideas, so I hope you'll actively participate
in the discussion and share your expertise and knowledge. We want to hear
what's working well, what can be improved, innovative ways to rethink the
federal web, and specific examples you have from your industry or
organization.

Although the focus is on federal websites, we'd love to get the perspective
of all of you in state and local government too, since many of the
challenges andopportunities are the same.

You can also follow comments about the dialogue on Twitter under the hashtag
#dotgov.

Please share with your networks and encourage your friends and colleagues to
take part in this important conversation