Re: WATPA: Following up on WATPA Caucus at ACM Conference - Any Interest??

From: Gene R. (gener6935@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 11:13:14 EST

--- BiceW@AOL.COM wrote:
> Gentlepersons,
> We've not gotten much response to our query about
> organizing a caucus of
> Westchester Public Access, Library, Telecomm &
> Telecomm Regulatory Folk at
> the Alliance for Community Media Conference in
> March.
>
> To be specific we've had one response, from David
> Menken. We also have had
> an expression of interest from Don Debar, and of
> course Chingwa Chin is part
> of the leadership effort here.
>
> The question is: Are others interested?
> The next question is: Does anyone have suggestions
> about networking
> opportunities for outreach to libraries,
> institutions, local officals with an
> interest in these areas?
> And then there's: Any suggestions for a speaker or
> other attractor of
> interest to our target audience?
>
> I will be reaching out to Jim Kenny of Rye Community
> TV, and Doris Blank of
> Nita Lowey's office.
>
> Many hands make light work. Anyone else want to
> lend a hand?
>
> Feedback please.
>

> Bice C. Wilson
> My name is Gene Robins. I have been following your e
mails on this subject. I am a video producer but I
really do not understand the purpose or motivation of
this organization. If I knew more about it I might be
able to show more interest. I did look at the pdf on
the meeting but I don't think that provides the answer
to my query. Perhaps you can give me some more info.
Gene Robins