Re: WATPA: FW: Bill Threatens Broadband Internet Access

From: Christopher X. Candreva (chris@westnet.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 10:44:10 EDT

On Fri, 4 May 2001 YTdave@AOL.COM wrote:

> govt would be willing in some cases to invest millions to get high speed
> Internet access to the hinterlands, to avoid flight of existing business, and
> to lure new businesses. Our residents want to commute on the info
> superhighway, but we can't get around the institutional ineptitude of the
> bells.

Have you tried making that offer to any of the CLECs ? Most have stopped
expansion to new areas because they need to make money off what they have
already invested, but they may be more willing to listen and deal.

As a Covad partner, I would LOVE it if they expanded, but my second choice
is anyone but Verizon. Oh -- and their service stinks too.

http://www.westnet.com/