WATPA: Possible Grant

From: Theodore Sychok (tsychok@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 22:29:11 EDT

WAPTA Listserv
Received this notice of teck grant availability for non profits. Hope that
it can be of use to someone in our community.

TED Sychok
FSSY

The Progressive Technology Project is pleased to announce its Fall 2000
Grants Pool. Proposals must be received in our office by Monday, November
6, 2000.
The Progressive Technology Project (PTP) seeks to strengthen citizen
action, increase public participation by under-represented communities and
build stronger grassroots organizations by supporting the effective use of
information technology. PTP provides capacity building technical assistance
and grant making to assist grassroots groups in the use of information
technology to strengthen their social change efforts. The PTP Grants Pool
will award between 12-15 grants of up to $10,000 to support the use of
technology by grassroots organizing groups to advance specific aspects of
their community-organizing efforts. Grants pool funds can be used for
training, technical support, consulting, needs assessment, planning,
hardware and software, designing applications and setting up systems.
Please see PTP's web site for the complete guidelines and coversheet:
http://www.progressivetech.org/program/grantmaking/guidelines.htm
We have also added a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section about our
grant making to our web site. Take a look!
http://www.progressivetech.org/program/grantmaking/grantsfaq.htm
Please call or email with any questions.
Phone: (202) 387-9660
Email: Info@ProgressiveTech.org

Thank you!
Matt Eisenberg