These pages are intended to assist WestNet users in installation of
internet software and using basic internet applications. If further help
is required, please contact our technical support staff.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started: registration,
introduction to the internet, dial-up configuration, software
installation, and troubleshooting
- Configuring E-Mail: setting up the mail
settings in various Web Browsers
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about the
Internet, configurations, programs, etc.
- Creating a Web Page: Intructions to upload
Web Pages to the WestNet Server.
- Internet Applications: e-mail, downloading
software, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), Internet Relay Chat (IRC),
creating a personal home page, and surfing the Internet with search
engines and gopher
- GRIC Roaming Service: WestNet is a member of the
GRIC Roaming Alliance. This gives our users access to dial-up numbers around
the world for pennies a minute when they are traveling.
- Changing Outgoing Mail Ports:
Instructions on how to change the outgoing smtp port in mail Mozilla,
Netscape Navigator, Communicator, Eudora, and Microsoft Outlook
- Other Help Sources: other sites on the
Internet for help on a variety of topics